AISA Training FAQ
Please account for the (strict) registration deadlines:
October 1st for the winter term
April 1st for the summer term.
- What happens if I fail an exam?
Nothing. You can take the exam again as long as you are a member of the university. It does not affect your normal degree studies.
- Do I have to pay for AISA credentials?
No. So far, it is completely free for members of the University of Stuttgart.
- Do I have to take all modules for a credential in one semester?
No, you can flexibly plan the modules as they fit into your schedule. You only have to finish them while you are a member of the University of Stuttgart.
- Can I change the modules I want to take after I registered?
Yes, you can always changes the modules for your chosen credentials.
- I have no or only a limited background in computer science and programming. How can I prepare for the modules?
This depends to some degree on the modules you choose. In general, it should be useful to have some understanding of programming in Python. There is, for example, the official Python tutorial: https://docs.python.org/3/tutorial/index.html
- Are the courses online or in person?
That depends on the individual module. Please have a look at the descriptions and contact the teachers if in doubt.
- Do I have to take the exams for the modules?
Yes. They are the prerequisite to get the credentials. You take the normal exams for the modules.
- Can I finish the credentials after I leave the university (exmatriculation)?
No. You have to be a member of the university to receive AISA credentials.
- Can I use modules in AISA and my normal degree programme?
No. We only allow max. one module to be used in AISA that you also use for your normal degree studies.